About Nelson Parker, M.S.W., R.S.W.
My Background as a Therapist and approach to Psychotherapy
My approach to therapy has been developed over many years, helping people to deal with many of life's challenges. I began working in children's mental health, as both a child and family therapist.
I then went on to work exclusively with adults, and was focussed on working with the LGBT Community and with men infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. I am a Registered Social Worker and am a Member of the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Read more about my training and expertise
My experience as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist includes:
- Child and Family Therapist – Hincks-Dellcrest Treatment Centre
- Senior Clinician – David Kelley LGBT and HIV/AIDS Counselling Program
- Group Therapist – Central Toronto Youth Services
- Private practice
- Professor - The University of Guelph-Humber, Faculty of the Family and Community Social Services Program
- Bachelor of Arts, Carleton University
- Bachelor of Social Work, York University
- Master of Social Work, University of Toronto
- The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Ontario Association of Social Workers
Read more about my approach to therapy and what to expect in therapy